New Year’s Resolutions
1. Things people decide to do out of self-improvement for the next year but only end up actually doing it for the first 2 weeks of January.
So what are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2015?
I’ve been doing some ~*soul-searching*~ and here listed are the things I need to improve on for the next year. I’m sharing it for no other reason than to serve as solid virtual evidence that I promised myself to change some things about me. So without further ado, here are some things that I’ve noticed I need to change about me.
- Be less of a hypocrite than 2014!me
- I think this is pretty self-explanatory. But I’m gonna explain anyway. I try to set standards for other people, which I also do my best to adhere to. I’m not stupid enough to think that people will live up to these standards, but it makes me happy when some of them do. It also irritates me when they don’t. Seeing as the actions of others are out of my control, I do the next best thing which is to live up to my own set standards. I can go all day about these standards but the most simple way I can explain it is by asking myself “If done by another person, will my action piss me off?” If the answer is yes, then I rethink my actions. It’s just another way of living out the don’t do unto others what you don’t want others to do unto you message.
- Be more proactive in a lot of different things in my life
- I’m a very aloof person and usually I just go with the flow of things. No matter what happens, I’m usually accepting of the situation. This might be a good habit because I can easily adapt to the moment, but one of its drawbacks is that I lack motivation and am an underachiever. Well for 2015, I’m gonna try to be more assertive on things and also stop being lazy in making some decisions. I think it’s time to stop going with the flow and start making my own current. I’ve been lazy for 21 years, so maybe it’s time to grab life and get a little more control out of it. Or, y’know, whatever.
- Make more eye contact with other people
- I don’t know why but I stopped looking at other people when I’m talking to them and even when outside, I’ve become unable to look at another person in the eyes for more than a second. No one has told me off yet, but I think it’s rather rude to not look at someone in the eye when making conversation. So in going with resolution number 1, I’m going to make it a habit to gaze into someone’s optic balls when talking to them. And also when I make eye contact with other people, I’m going to maintain it and when it’s already past the zone of comfort and traversing into the valley of awkward, I’m going to give them a smile and tell them to have a nice day.
- Give more
- I’m kuripot. I will be less kuripot. And also, I’ll try to give better gifts. I don’t know why, but I’m not that good at giving gifts. I am thankful for my friends who have the ability to give amazing gifts so I’ll do my best to emulate them as well. 2015 is the year to give more, gift more.
- Be happier
- Everyone aims to be happier. There are so many ways to achieve happiness in life, so this 2015, I’ll try to find more resources for myself and also to share it with others. Let 2015 be the year of happy happy joy joy.
So that’s my list of things to improve on for 2015. I’m praying for a good year ahead but I will also do my best to make it happen. I’m sure there are things that I’ve forgotten to include, but the goal is to be a better person to myself and to others. 😁
So. Let’s all have an amazing 2015!